View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 03:35 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Too many people look at the line-up with Tarasenko on the 4th line and lack the imagination to realize that Tarasenko is (if he plays well) going to get shifts that Cracknell would never get. He'll be on lines with top 9 players at times tonight, unless he looks overmatched.

I like this move. The 4th line has done its job well, but the 3rd game was less hitting from the Blues. Since they can't control the match-ups anyway, they can't put the CPR line out against the players from LAK they want to punish nearly as easily as they could at home. Maybe I was the only one who saw it, but the 4th line had a diminished effectiveness in game 3 (though I think they have still earned their ice time).

Tarasenko should be juiced to finally get on the ice. Its a low risk, high reward move, and gives Hitchcock a lot of parts to play with for in-game adjustments that could create headaches for the Kings.

Its a team game. Cracknell is part of a team. McDonald and Stewart need to prove they warranted being left in the line-up, and I think they will. Everyone has a part to play. I think tonight's game is going to vindicate Hitchcock's move here in a big way, and not necessarily simply with a productive night from Tarasenko alone.

Very excited to see Frank in his first Stanley Cup Playoffs game. Also looking forward to the Blues taking a commanding 3-1 lead.