View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 04:48 PM
17of26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJGoalie32 View Post
Now I go down a level. I see a player cutting through the slot. I know he's looking for a one-timer. Pass comes......I quickly push off and leave my post, slide out to the optimal position at the top of the far side of the crease to cut down the angle, arrive just as the player receives the pass, and......he bobbles it, and bobbles it some more, and now he finally gains control of it, and now he's skating with the puck, and no one's stopping him because they're C level defenseman, and my momentum has carried me to the far side of the net, and now he just has an empty net to shoot at. It's frustrating.
This is so true. Even at 41 years old and having only played goalie for 2-3 years, in a lot of ways I find it easier to play against B/C competition than D competition. The higher level games are so much more predictable. The action is much faster, but it's easier to anticipate the flow of play.

You just never know what is going to happen at the C/D level. Passes get flubbed constantly and the puck pinballs around the slot because no one can get a handle on it. And when a shot finally comes along, not even the shooter knows where it might be going.

17of26 is online now   Reply With Quote