View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Young Gun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laboeuf View Post
1. I think we will get knocked out first round. We will learn from this and management will make adjustments.

2. Its starts up top, JJ Daigneault needs to go. Our defense are running around like chickens with their head cut off. Pierre Groulx is the goaltending coach needs to be fired also.

3. Its really hard trading Carey Price but we should explore that option. Since the start Price has been Gainey's boy which is why the team chose Price over Huet, Halak, both of whom outplayed Price in the past. Jonathan Bernier of Los Angeles needs to chance.

4. This playoffs give management a view of how weak our defense is. Aside from PK Subban and Andrei Markov, we don't have that 3-4th players. Josh Gorges isn't build to play 24 mins, though I like Gorges, I feel he's best as a 5th defenseman. I would be happy with Gorges-Emelin being 5-6th dmen. Boullion is 38, I don't think he has anything left especially for a smaller player.

5. David Desharnais isn't built for the playoffs. He needs to play with bigger forwards to be successful ie Erik Cole, Max Pacioretty. I just think Desharnais is turning into Gomez. We see him cross the offensive zone then turn back and look for a pass, much like Gomez. Defense reads this and doesn't back off.

6. We need some toughness in the lineup. Moen is shades of his old self. White is small and can't really fight. Armstrong pretty much needs a wheelchair.

7. We didn't win important faceoffs. I think we need Halpern type on the 4th line.

8. Gionta is getting old, but his size gives him that limitation that he cannot be a force in the playoffs.

Here are some moves I think we should do:

-Trade for Bernier for a prospect and draft pick
-I would be ok if we trade Price and Gorges to Chicago for Brent Seabrook and Cory Crawford
-Trade Gionta back to NJ for Henrik Tallinder
-Trade Desharnais and a draft pick for Steve Downie
-Sign Valtteri Filppula (6'0" 190lbs)to replace Desharnais
-I'm itching to give Gallagher the captaincy.

Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Filppula-Leblanc/Downie
Bourque-Plekanec (A)-Kristo
White-Bournival-Dumont

Subban-Seabrook (C)
Emelin-Markov (A)
Tallinder-Tinordi/Beaulieu/Boullion

Bernier
Crawford
Markov is signed for a lot of money, may want to check his playoff stats and performance !!