View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Intensity. Great. Chippiness? Awesome. Cheap-ass BS? No thanks. Lots of it in that Habs-Sens game yesterday, and there has been too much of it in these playoffs. Not enough to mar the postseason, just too much for my liking.

I don't know what you're about with "yuppies" and "Europeans". Been watching Coach's Corner?
You caught me!

One thing I'll mention: The best playoff series I have ever seen have been series where hardly any penalties have been called, but were played so hard and physical, that by the end of it, both teams were virtually out of gas. While I'll agree that there was plenty of cheap/dirty stuff in that game, it's not often that I can wake up and see any NHL article on the front page of various news sources. As dangerous and cheap as it is, the publicity for the game can't hurt.

As for the European stuff, it's something that is making it's way up from junior hockey and will eventually find it's way into the pro game by default. An example would be the little "stop" signs on the backs of the jerseys, and suspensions for fighting. What's funny is that, I see more instances of guys taking cheap shots now than I ever have. I'm a believer that fighting certainly has it's place in the game ... had Ryan White not engaged Jared Cowen after his two-hander last night, do you think he would have had someone head hunting him later? Quite possible...