View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 10:17 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Back in the day we had a bunch of big pluggers going for us. Up front we had McPhee, Skrudland, Carbo, Lemieux, Walter, Corson... none were all-stars but man they were tough to play against. On the blueline it was the same thing with Ludwig, Green, Chelios... When you came into Montreal, you knew you'd get beaten up.

We don't have to emulate that team but it sure would be nice to have a couple more in the mold of Brandon Prust on the team. Tinordi will be a great addition and from what I've heard of Beaulieu he can handle himself. PK is a great hitter and we've get Emelin... that's pretty good.

Up front, we're still too small. That has to be fixed. And for Pete's sake get some guys who will go to the net. If Gallagher can do it, anyone can.

A combo of Gionta, DD, Gallagher (God bless him) and Pleks just won't cut it. We're getting there though. Galchenyuk is probably our number one for the future and at least he's 6 feet.
Totally agree with you sir. As a die hard Habs fan since 1974, we played tough team hockey for many years. Gainey killed us after the Koivu era by going even smaller.

I wonder what the brain trust was thinking last night, there are some tough ex players on it, I can't believe they don't see how small we are against the Bruins, Leafs, and now the Sens!

I have not been a fan of the three MB contract extensions to Moen, Cube and DD.
I don't think Moen and DD are tradeable, but it only takes one Bob Gainey or Mike Milbury to turn that around.

We need to draft BIG PHYSICAL fowards and Dmen, there is a ton of small skilled talent in the pipeline. Come on Timmins, bring us some size!

IF MB is a true "genius" he'll recognize his mistake (we all make them) and trade smaller players such as DD and Gionta and try and acquire players like Clarkson or Murray.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote