View Single Post
Old
05-06-2013, 10:17 PM
17Kurri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
I don't get it. Up until last year I always thought that the Calder went to the player that scored the most points, but at least the point leader always got nominated. Then last year I learned that the Calder winner was all about intangibles, like GP, +/-, TOI, etc. So this year we had the guy that was first in goals, tied for first in points, played a full season, had one of the lowest TOI, threw body checks, had a respectable +/- on a bad team, was amongst the leaders in even strength points, GW goals; even though he was on a losing team, PP points, and was one of the youngest rookies. Also, lets not forget about the rookie defenceman that was 12th amongst all defenceman in scoring, had more points then one of the forward nominees as a friggin defenceman, and had 11 more points then his closest rookie defenceman competitor.

So we know that voting isn't about points or intangibles anymore. Is voting now based on playing on a division leading team, being a late pick and showing hustle? I'm so confused now.
Don't be confused, the NHL has an unofficial policy that does not allow the Oilers to win the Calder, so why even nominate any rookie on our team?

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote