View Single Post
Old
01-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Why is it such a surprise that Blake is producing? He had a break through campaign last year and I, for one, expected that he would also be productive this year as well. Parrish is at his usual level of streakiness but even in the slumps, he was at a 20+ goal pace. And, Hunter was a big surprise, but he appears to be the goods. I also believe that Kvasha will keep up his performance too, but let's face it, he is still not going to be much more than a 20 goal winger. Bates, is at his usual 15 - 20 goal pace as well.

I actually think the Isles are more likely to improve on offense than suffer a decline. For example, I expect that all of the dmen can contribute more offensively than they have, and I think Yashin and Peca can both contribute more when they get healthy. I'm not confident in Czerkawski at all, but that is the one fly in the ointment.

If we traded a dman, we'd likely wind up in the same situation as last year - playing Aucoin 35 minutes a night and trying to glue a top four together with the likes of Matias Timander.

I think standing pat is still the only viable strategy, $ issues not withstanding.