View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Dustin Peener
The real Iceman

vCash: 4150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Lots of people in Canada/North America talk down prep school hockey as well. Believe it or not I've heard people talk down Shattuck St. Mary's (If you don't know the school, look at a couple alumni and you'll laugh at the people talking it down lol

A lot of it has to do with people being jealous like one of the quotes you posted said. I remember a guy from my team when I was 14 left for Notre Dame. We always made fun of it but in fairness he was playing on their worst team that never won a game that year Come to think of it, it may have been around the same time Charles Kaylor was there
Yeah from the start most of the complaints from them were about the cost and how it is "unfair" to kids whose parents can't afford it, well that's life. In an ideal world we could have what they have in America with the USNTDP but for reasons I've explained numerous times that's not financially or logistically possible given our situation.

Also some news on Oxford, they decided to stay in NIHL2 to continue rebuilding with the aim to go back up to NIHL1 in the future http://www.oxfordstars.co.uk/?q=cont...-201314-season

I particularly liked to hear this part:

Quote:
We believe that the primary contributor that led up to the team folding was that we had become too reliant on external talent, which we also meant that the development of Oxford home-grown talent was being blocked. There must be a balance between providing a pathway for our own talented juniors into the senior team and ensuring that we field a competitive side. This season we believe that we have improved this balance than in seasons past, but know that there is still a great deal of work to be done

- ixcuincle
Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote