View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Namba 17

vCash: 500
The closer the Games the more interesting to make predictions Now we can base on the NHL - KHL - international seasons.
I guess we have some combinations of forvards, which are locked. To my mind they are:
Kulemin - Malkin - ?
Ovechkin - Datsuk - Semin
Kovalchuk - ? - Radulov
? - ? - ?
+ we have Tereshenko locked as well.
Let me explain.
1. Kulemin played very well with Malkin in KHL + we lack forvard of his type + Bill like hard-workers of his type very much + Malkin need hard-worked decent scorer - so here he is. I'd consider Popov-Malkin-Perezhogin line, if not the last international games - they've been simply holes and they are quite aged players, so, I don't expect them to be in Sochi. This line need good finisher. We have at least 4 opportunities for this role - Mozyakin, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Yakupov. Kuznetsov looks worse and worse to me, I don't think he will even make the team, not to say about first line. Yakupov and Tarasenko are young players with limited int experience (Yak - none) and first NHL year both. Mozyakin is proved KHL big rink sniper-veteran with not-that-well international shows. I giuess the decision should be based on the next year appearance. The better man should take the place.
2. I guess, no questions should be at all. Ovi+Semin - proved combination, Semin had solid season and Dats - exact the man they both need.
3. As I predicted, Kovi and Rady - exellent pair. They shold be together. The main question to me - who will be the center for them? We have 3 options, I guess - Tereshenko, Anisimov and Tikhonov. I think everything is in Anisimov hands and in his next NHL season. If he continues to improve - he might take it. If not, I think, Tereshenko might. But Bill had an opportunity to check each of this combination, but rejected. It might mean, he sees some other variant. I don't know which, probably, Loktionov, but he is not good enough for me.
4. I'd simple take the present 4th line Soin-Svitov-Kokarev, they looked decent to me. If both Tarasenko and Yakupov have greate next season, I'd take Yak for the 1-st line and Taras for the 4th instead of Kokarev.