Thread: Player Discussion: John Moore
View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 07:17 AM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, this is correct. Moore received the least amount of attention of any player in the deal, and yet he has such great potential. What an addition he has proven to be.
I think there was a sizeable amount of people who did actually note his value b/c there were a couple of posts that inspiredd me to do some digging and it made me realize that a rookie Dman who skates like the wind and is still on his ELC and could be a our Dman for many years to come is likely the biggest centerpiece of the trade. I would think Dorsett definitely got the least amount of attention but I feel like the people who spoke up about Moore were the most vocal and confident in him being the best part of the trade for either side. Especially because this org seems to love scouting D. I was debating with a few people about it and said I was initially annoyed by the trade but that I had changed my tune. That this was a darn good trade b/c of Gab leaving soon in FA and us getting a Dman who should be with us for 5+ years. On top of that we get brassard who has talent and years.

Like I said I was real annoyed by the trade until I read a bunch of Moore posts and did a little digging. my initial thought was "who's this generic no-name"?