Old
05-07-2013, 08:32 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
They wanted Moore.

The same way they wanted McDonagh.

People saw him as a throw in. Sather/Gorton saw him as the diamond in the rough.
Exactly this. I will continue to second-guess their forward picks, but when it comes to defensemen, this organization knows their ****. Staal. Girardi. Tyutin. Sanguinetti (playing NHL time in Carolina). McDonagh. Moore. Bickel (yes, he counts). MDZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I think he's got the best shot on the team. Not necessarily for scoring goals, but for getting deflections and rebounds, low and accurate. Tells you everything you need to know that Torts played Girardi all these games on the PP instead of him, despite Girardi being only better than Emingers as an offensive guy. Torts is terrified of a SHG against. Always coaching not to lose. I can't believe he made the change.
Girardi gets a lot of crap but he actually controls the puck pretty well on the back-end. He also has a good, hard, low shot. The problem is that with the lack of movement from everyone else, he rarely is able to see the net through the defender standing right in front of him.