View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Habsterix*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There was no doubt that Lou was going to get traded last summer too, and then this year up until deadline.
Now Schneider crapped the bed yesterday. We'll see what happens in game 4. But yea, I'm not disagreeing, I don't see how they can retain Lou but I felt the same way last summer so...
While I understand what you're saying, the difference is that Luongo had said that he was willing to finish the season in Vancouver if he had to this year. He has since said that he wants out, and was quite clear about it.

Quote:
As for them changing things up front, they certainly need to, but I think they might move the twins. Only one year on their contract, they're the ones that are supposed to lead this team forward, they are the core. So if Vancouver wants to change their core, they might try to move those guys. Kesler might also go, it really depends on what direction they take.
I would be interested to know what would be Kesler's price, but with Plekanec, Eller and Galchenyuk, I'm not sure I would bring another center into the mix.
If it's a swap between him and Plek(+), then okay, otherwise not so much.
The twins both have a NMC and the team picking them up would also have to pick-up $12.2M on their cap, while the salary cap is going down. Very limited options for the Canucks.

Quote:
Clarkson and Clowe are two guys I target.
The price for one of those two will be outrageously high, in proportion with the demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
If AV gets fired, Luongo may stay and Schneider may be the one moved. The Canucks have a small window left to win, so they may hesitate to part with large pieces.
Possible, but not as much because of Schneider's game 3 performance, but rather because Luongo's contract makes him difficult to trade.