View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 08:26 AM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Exactly. I've seen this guy play and he's one of the last few people on any roster who would drop the gloves to protect a teammate. I caught glimpses of Game 1 and 2 in the LA/STL series and he reminded me of Pacioretty; tall, bulky, soft along the boards, inconsistent, doesn't know how to finish a check, etc. He can definitely fight, but the problem is that he just doesn't do it enough. I can already see people calling him out for not being physical and dropping the gloves enough.

A realistic option would be Ryan Reaves. This guy is the perfect 4th liner. Good size, actually tough and isn't afraid to hit people. If I was MB, I would throw anything between 1.5 and 2 millions at him.
Reaves is just 6 foot 1, but weighs like 230 lbs, his skating is fine as he can catch guys to hit, and he hits a lot. He drops them a lot and is an okay fighter. Problem is he has one year left with the Blues, so wed have to trade for him. I dont see why he would get anything close to $2M, Id think a 3 year deal at $4M would easily do it.Hed be great for the 4th line, of course somebody would have to go.