View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
So I had this thought last night to try an solve our center problem: Berglund and Stewart for Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Edm is looking for size in their lineup and we're looking for a #1 C. Issues I have right now are RNH had a sophomore slump this year and nobody knows how he'll bounce back, that's a huge size downgrade that would have to be addressed in Free agency, and I'm still not sure if that's good for Edm or if they trade RNH while his value is lower.
There is no reason for Edmonton to even consider that. Yes, they get the size they need, but they lose their only C with elite upside. You don't move players with the kind of upside that RNH has for Berglund and Stewart.

The only way that we are going to get that kind of talent at centre is if we trade pieces we really don't want to, we get lucky in FA or Feaster stumbles across one and trades him to us for some magic beans.

Maybe if the Lightning think Shattenkirk is their guy on D and are willing to move their #3 overall this year (#3 for Shattenkirk & small+)... then we can get Barkov or MacKinnon. I don't think that is really likely though.