View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 09:19 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Yeah Erixon didn't want to be in Calgary and used going back into the draft as leverage to go to a team of his choice. I have no idea what Karlsson's intentions are. Another reason to go back into the draft is if he's taken in the first round he will be able to negotiate a higher ELC that probably has better bonuses. But going in with that mindset has rarely worked out for the prospect doing it.
Trying to get 1st round money may be a reason, but it's not a good bet. Redrafts normally go later than where they were originally picked.

I'm too lazy to look this up, but when is the last time a redraft even got in the 1st round? Even the 2nd round seems rare, but I seem to recall it happening once or twice. At least with former Ducks prospects (who we follow), they generally go a round or two later.

If he wants money he'll have to wait 2 more years, like Schultz. That's 2 more years of lost wages, but his league probably pays a decent amount. It might even be more than he would make in the AHL.