View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
Broke my relatively new APX LE a few nights ago during a league game... I was pissed. Broke it in such a BS way, too. The puck went into the corner in the offensive zone and it just happened to be the corner with the zamboni doors... well I went to dig the puck out and the blade of my stick got wedged in the crack between the two doors and I had a lot of momentum so I guess I pulled on it as I skated by and the blade cracked right in half. Grr. Thank god for warrantees.
That sucks. That happened to me on my second shift with a brand new Reebok 10k (top of the line when it was out). Never sent it in for warranty though. Should have. Not sure they would have gave it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howeaboutthat View Post
Last night I scored a goal in my first competitive game.

Skated in to screen their NM, get tripped onto my knees, puck gets fired in and rattles about the crease a bit and I lent over the NM who had come down into a butterfly to poke it across the line.

I thought it was a messy goal but my coach congratulated me for my persistence.

I now have a puck with some tape on it testifying to having scored my first goal. Not bad for a 36 year old who only started learning to skate in August.

Great feeling!
Congrats! First of many, hopefully.