Old
05-07-2013, 10:00 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
Possibly either. Probably lean towards a FA. In all honesty about 1/2 to 3/4 of the leagues 2nd line centers are just as good or better then Schenn. Im not saying get rid of him or that he sucks but if a deal for a quality Dman is there and they want Schenn I would pull the trigger and fill the 2nd line center. I just think B Schenn is easily replaceable
He may be easily replaceable in the sense that his production from last year can be replaced, but I think his future potential cannot easily be replaced. I wouldn't have a problem dealing Schenn (or Couturier or Laughton) because of the logjam at center, but I wouldn't say that Schenn is easily replaced. I think improving the defense while taking a hit on offense is a better way to look at it. Obviously his potential, like many others, may never be reached, but a 22 year old kid with potential like Schenn's is not easily replaced. He was looking at roughly a 50 point season at 22 years old (if this season was a full one). Those aren't numbers to scoff at.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote