Old
05-07-2013, 11:17 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsouth View Post
Completely valid points. My feeling is that Schenn will be a gun on the second line when the breakthrough comes and that Bobs is for real. Only the future can prove things either way.
Oh and both of those are certainly possiblities. I love Schenn and have no interest in trading him just to trade him. But this team has glaring deficiencies. If Schenn (or Couturier/Laughton/etc) could be dealt to improve the defense, I think you do it for the right deal. This is a lot like the JvR for Schenn deal. I think JvR is the better player, and will put up better numbers. But JvR was expendable on this team, and Schenn filled a need on this team. You can't just look at the names or the stats in a vacuum. In the context of how things look right now, even if Schenn (or whomever) turned out better than the guy we got, if it improves the team on balance its a move I think you make. Schenn may be better than Player X, but if Player X fills a need of this team, I think it is something as a GM that you really consider.

Now this obviously applies only to good deals, I wouldn't trade Schenn for the rights to Mark Streit. But if Schenn was in a deal for someone like Yandle, I'd take a look at it.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote