Thread: Player Discussion: Rick Nash
View Single Post
05-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Fanned On It
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
its easier to be critical of his play... but he had a hand in the gwg so idk how you could give him ****.. hes working hard.. may be hurt but he made an impact when it mattered most, can't hate on that..
You can give him **** because he hasn't been playing up to his standards.

To me, personally, the dude looks injured. I remember once sequence in the defensive zone where Nash was at the right point covering his man and the puck came to about the half-board area and the defenseman or center was battling with one of the Washington guys along the wall and one of them pinned the other and Nash literally just sat there and watched. He didn't even attempt to help out when the play was only about 4 feet from him. Washington came out with the puck IIRC. I know it's not Nash's job to play amazing defense, but you gotta help out in that situation. I think the reason he didn't is because of some kind of injury he's playing with.

He DEFINITELY looks a step slow and looks like he's getting tired easier than he was earlier in the season. Idk, I hope it's nothing serious because we're going to need him to score some goals if we want to advance past this series.