05-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You missed my point.

And made my point.

Neil or Kassian take liberties, you have to have a player to fight them for that. If they take liberties again, they have to fight again. Still want to take liberties, fight them again and our enforcer and Neil or Kassian are out of the game and hockey is played.

Since everyone is tap dancing around the Leafs/Bruins, the reason they are not fighting and gooning it up is because both teams know that gooning will not work to intimidate either team.

Both teams know that if you go running the skill players on either side, there are big enforcers who will step up and make you answer for it.

Equal strength. Fighting or gooning wont help so they are reduced to deciding who is better by playing hockey.

Ottawa is simply exploiting Montreal's biggest weakness and gooning does make a difference and helps the Sens.

But that point is lost on so many people...............
So with all those goons and all that toughness, 5'9" Ference goes and elbows one of Toronto's small players in the head. I thought your point was that teams would be scared to target small/young/skilled players?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote