View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 06:33 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMimagery View Post
Excellent post. As a comparison for Strome, an extreme case on the positive side is Skinner, even though he mostly plays wing. Drafted 7th overall in 2010, the kid joins the big club immediately and pots 31G and 32A in 82 games and is a plus player. He had great chemistry with Jokinen and Ruutu and took home the Calder. (hard not to wonder what if - if the Isles took Skinner at 5 instead of Nino and had 3 impact seasons of service already...but, i know i know)

Strome has 2 inches on Skinner but is about 10/15 pounds lighter. He's had extra time and has dominated at all levels. Bulk up Ryan and l hope to see you on JT's wing to start your career and learn the NHL game. If we don't see both Strome and Nino next year I'd be very surprised - which affects us going after free agent forwards - probably won't happen.
I really like Skinner, but the concussion issues scare me. I do think Nino could still end up being the better player, even if Skinner remains healthy. Nino's upside is ridiculously high. Especially if his future is on Tavares' wing.

As far as Strome's size goes, I actually am pretty pleased with where he's at right now. From what I've heard he's around 6'1 190(maybe a few pounds shy), which is a good weight for a kid with his playing style. I don't know if I would want him to get much higher than that if it means he'll lose some quickness. I think Bailey is basically the exact same height/weight, and he seems to be holding his own physically.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote