Thread: Speculation: Serge Savard:We need to get bigger
View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 05:39 PM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
BG can play on my team anytime. But he shouldn't be paired with DD,Gionta,Plecks... too many small guys in the top 6.

We need to get bigger up front. I dont think there's any question about it. If say Bobby Ryan is available, it would be nice to get him. Young, big, decent skill... depends on the price of course but we need to get bigger up front. I'm tired of seeing us pushed around. And for the love of God get players who will GO TO THE NET.
Im with you, but he would be so much better if he played with guys who could protect him. I liked it at the start of the season when it was healthy prust and the gally's but he cant carry that weight by himself longterm. after prust it gets pretty thin.

We need more size, we have been so small that we annoint any player who spends anytime not on the periphery a " power forward".
I know that big guys who will go to the net are not a cheap commodity but toronto has a handfull of them and they are not breaking the bank over there.

A lot of guys that would scratch this itch were available on waivers ( sesito/brown/ the lesser kassian) or are relatively inexpensive. Matt carkner makes aroud one and a half million and can play 10-15 minutes a game on the back end for the isles. it says something that the one player we have who can clear the front of the net is one of our youngest prospects who is not only unproven, he's marginally untested. if we expect him to carry the load, we could end up with komisarek #2.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote