View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 07:34 PM
JB51Hockey

vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-laus View Post
I'm kinda perplexed that you've chosen Brampton as a potential surviving team from the CHL over Denver, Bloomington, and most importantly Arizona. If Brampton for years couldn't succeed in drawing flies to see a successful junior franchise in a market where junior hockey is king, their future attendance will consist of the ushers, the hot-dog vendor, and a goal judge for borderline AA level minor pro hockey.

I will say this though, I think that the Denver Cutthroats were never meant to be more than just a one year stop gap to fill the void of the impending NHL labor impasse. Casper Wy. might be an eventual option for the ECHL too.
I think minor league hockey will work there ONLY if they can land a Leafs affiliation. If Brampton can survive in the mid 2,000 for attendance next season I think they can make the jump to the ECHL with a Toronto affiliation. I don't see Arizona moving to the E after averaging 2,500 which would be a bottom 3 in the ECHL. Especially considering they are affiliated with PHX that is only an hour and 30 away... How can you justify 2,900 in Denver in an inaugural season as a success? I chose Brampton because the ECHL is desperate for northeastern franchises with Trenton ceasing operations. No way hockey in Wyoming works either...