View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I don't eat seafood, I think its all gross. However I wonder how much of that is just your opinion.

Like I said, the genuine bottom feeders like lobster and crab are now considered delicacy when only a short while ago they weren't considered fit for "respectable" human consumption.

Hate to bring it to this, but what exactly do you think shellfish eat? Garbage, feces, etc. Also they have no proper vascular or waste system so it all just sloshes around inside them. Ghew.
It isn't my opinion. Tilipia has only been in the market here over the last decade. Any chef worth his salt would have put dog food on a plate before this crap. Its just a very poor eating fish that used to be as I say used to clean up after raising other fish then sold to rendering plants or processers for whatever they could get for it. As it is this is the cheapest fish in the market and with poor demand at that.

For a restaurant trying to price itself at the top of a food chain having Tilipia as one of the very few seafood options is a joke.

When you see Tilipia on the menu know that the restauarant doesn't care what dreck they pawn off on you.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote