View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 08:17 PM
lancer247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I wouldn't give up that much for Ryan. He's not a power forward and if people think he's a power forward, they're going to be extremely disappointed.

At this point, if Holmgren decides to go in full rebuild mode, there'll be several pieces moved. He's got a good group of players that he can move and I don't see there being any problems with regards to acquiring some good young talent for some of the roster players that are currently in Philadelphia.

I also think something else is very telling. There was an article written not too long ago in which Holmgren and Pryor both state that there's no magic cure for finding a number one defenseman and that one will need to be drafted and developed. For that reason, I really can't see them trading the pick and that I have to think that a defenseman will be drafted.
I don't think he is a PF but he is similar to Neal. Not a true PF but a goal scorer with good size.

I agree they will have to develop their own #1 dman long term but I still see this franchise in win now mode as usual.