View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
paul-laus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
I think minor league hockey will work there ONLY if they can land a Leafs affiliation. If Brampton can survive in the mid 2,000 for attendance next season I think they can make the jump to the ECHL with a Toronto affiliation. I don't see Arizona moving to the E after averaging 2,500 which would be a bottom 3 in the ECHL. Especially considering they are affiliated with PHX that is only an hour and 30 away... How can you justify 2,900 in Denver in an inaugural season as a success? I chose Brampton because the ECHL is desperate for northeastern franchises with Trenton ceasing operations. No way hockey in Wyoming works either...

You might be right about Casper Wy, but 4-5 years ago there was a lot of people scratching their heads about a professional hockey team coming to Rapid City thinking it would fail for sure. It was a non traditional hockey market too but the simple truth about the winter season in smaller prairie towns and cities is there isn't a hell of a lot to do and people still do want a night out and entertainment options for their hard earned dollar.