Old
05-07-2013, 09:15 PM
fauxflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
What. You lost me here

Lem-me splain...

Nichushkin - probably won't drop -- too good to pass up at #11 as the best player available.

Nurse - size, mobility, athleticism, desire/work ethic, a mean streak and a strong two-way game...already had the shutdown game, now proving he has the offense to match.

Zadorov - Immense size but quite mobile, relishes the rough part of the game, developing his offensive game, moves the puck well, has some moves and a heavy shot... has raw skills and tools to someday become a formidable two-way force int he NHL.

Pulock - Dynamic offense and good D...strong character, good skating, ok size

Lindholm - Offensively gifted, very good skater, can play C/RW... -- 30 pts (11g 19a) in 48 games in the Swedish Elitserien is no joke at his age, at 18 he led all players under 20 in pts-- defensively solid/excellent backchecker, works hard on the ice at both ends...very good on faceoffs.

Shinkaruk - Has high-end, almost elite level hands and stickhandling skills, is lethal as a goal scorer in tight and has a very good wrist shot ...skates well and finds dangerous areas to go with and without the puck...has vision and playmaking skills... on the small side but uses his body very well to protect the puck...wide eyed and smiling kid off the ice who loves to compete on it. When I first saw him I thought of Patrick Kane, someone I paid close attention to in his draft year.

Ristolainen - Decent size and experienced in playing against men. Moves the puck well and has the tools to be a fine two-way player, but needs to develop more consistent production from the back end and refine his defensive game. Could be a quality top 4 d man for a long time.

Monahan - Very good two-way center...I don't know why, but I am left thinking he won't find it that easy to get the scoring chances and make the plays he does in Jr., at the NHL level. I know that's kind of a given...but I'm saying I don't think he will have as much time and space as he had and may lack the creativity, acceleration and lateral movement in his skating to make the space he needs to succeed. I see him as a decent #2/3 center on most teams. Even if my feelings on the player are wrong, I am factoring in the Flyers needs, and I think they are pretty deep in the young, two-way C department. If all of those other players are gone, I'm sure the Flyers can't resist a two way center with size, so he's there...but hey, I might even go Morrissey at that point, though I'm not sure, that could be too much of a reach at #11.

Last edited by fauxflex: 05-07-2013 at 09:31 PM.