View Single Post
Old
05-07-2013, 10:04 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
Despite what happened at seasons end and in this series, I don't see MB making huge overhauls, MB is cautious and we finished 2nd in the East. I looked at the forward lines and left off the 3 UFA guys we have in Ryder, Halpern and Army and then tried to build the best lines I could. I wanted to make sure no line was overly small and that each line had a guy who could effectively play in the tough areas. My lines

Bourque Pleks Gio
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Patches DD Prust
Moen White X

Prust really helped the young guys earlier in the year. On this line he would be the guy going to the net and bringing a lot of physical play. Hopefully that style would motivate of embarras Patches to get with it .Thing is Prust is very limited offensively and Id be shocked if he could pot 10 goals.
Looking at the lines and how his play has really tailed off, I don't see Ryder as part of the mix. I really do think we need another Bourque like guy or a better offensive Prust. Some UFAs have been thrown around but a guy like Bickell to me wouldn't be much of an upgrade on Prust, and Bickell isn't at all consistent. Stahlberg is big and fast but no real physical game. All signs to me point to Clarkson. Clarkson is just average sized but is nasty and hits, hes a very physical player and will go to the dirty areas. Unlike Clowe, Clarkson had a good year this year in terms of production, he would have scored about 25 goals over a full season. As a bonus the guy also fights quite a bit, and hes good at it. Prust then drops to the 4th line. If we don't get Clarkson, which is highly likely, then unless MB thinks Clowe can still do it for 4-5 years, we should just put the wallet away and look at making a trade for this type of player. We shouldn't settle.
I wouldn't mind keeping Halpern as an extra, he is cheap, one year is all he can hope for. is solid defensively and great at the PK, and of course is very good at face-offs, right handed at that. Don't know about Army, even if we play Prust on the top 9. Someone nastier would be nice.