______ - ______ - Brown
Smyth - Smithson/Petrell/______

Smid - J. Schultz
______ - Petry
Klefbom - N. Schultz/______
Fistric/______

Dubnyk
______

UFA's - Khabibulin, Whitney, Smithson, Petrell, Fistric, Jones, Hordichuk, Sutton
RFA's - Gagner, Paajarvi, Peckham, Hartikainen

Khabibulin, Whitney, Peckham, Smithson/Petrell, Hordichuk and Sutton will not be back. Decisions need to be made on Jones and Fistric. Gagner, Paajarvi and Hartikainen will get QO's.

Hemsky, Belanger, Potter and Eager are signed for next year but there's a very good chance they will not be back. Hemsky's time is up here with MacTavish back in charge. We need more size in the top 6, Hall, Eberle and Yakupov aren't going anywhere obviously.

2nd line LW - Needs to have size and play with some jam. Doesn't have to be a Lucic kind of power forward. Bryan Bickell is the ideal UFA target.

3rd line LW - Depending on how much Jones will command I think the Oilers want someone who is more willing fight and hit. Jones lost a bit of his edge after his eye injury. Raffi Torres is the ideal UFA target.

4th line LW - Again, size and willingness is important for the Oilers to target this summer. I personally believe Patrick Bordeleau is a perfect fit as either the 14th forward or the 4th LW in UFA. Wouldn't be surprised if the Oilers go the trade route for this though.

4th line LW - Size, physical play and faceoffs are huge. I would love to trade for Brian Boyle but I'm not sure how realistic that is. We need someone like that.

14th forward - Heavy weight enforcer or just re-sign Petrell/Smithson.

2nd pairing LD - Would obviously like a #1 defenseman but to make it more realistic I put it as a #2/3 defenseman. I'm sure the Oilers will look at Mark Streit or making a package with Hemsky/Gagner/Paajarvi/7th/Hartikainen etc.. for a legitimate top pairing defenseman.

Backup Goalie - Someone to push Dubnyk. They went after Bishop at the deadline and I don't think they will settle for a Labarbera/Garon kind of backup through Free Agency. Anton Khudobin would be nice depending on the price. Jonathan Bernier in trade maybe?

Available - Gagner, Hemsky, Paajarvi, Hartikainen, Lander, N. Schultz, Potter, 7th overall, two 2nd round picks..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote