View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Cupmonger

vCash: 500
I expected us to make the playoffs, seeding in between 5-8. Though my expectations weren't high. When we played the way we did throughout the season, I really got the feeling we have a potentially cup contending team. Obviously, our weakness came out. I don't think we're far off. I think we've shown great improvement. While I get the impression we'll get eliminated from the playoffs soon, I did want us to go far, yet it won't be a big deal. It's been truely a great experience for many of our players who haven't had a playoff game. And allows us to see what we really need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
That's true, and grittier anybody like the idea of a Torres and or clutterbuck?
Yep. If we can get any of the two, I'd be glad. I don't care if people hate Torres. Yes he does dirty ****, yes he has a bad rep. But he gets **** done, he plays well as a body in front of the net, grinds down opposition and brings it during playoffs. He fights, he's tough and not only gets in peoples' faces but really pisses them off too. He keeps other teams in check just by being there because of all this. We've been wanting a tough player that can play, is gritty and can put opposition in their plays. I don't care how dirty he is, get him, we need it. He's the closest there is to not being a goon but being an enforcer that can play (kind of). Enough with being the pushover team.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote