View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 02:36 AM
JABEE

vCash: 500
I think a priority this offseason should be resigning Matt Read. I think he's a player you win with and I don't want to see him hitting the open market after this season. He's still young and versatile. He can play on a shut down line or be an offensive threat on a top line. He has a great set of hands, a nice shot, and he is fast.

I would also be try talking to Nashville this summer and find out if there is a possibility Weber could be moved.

I don't see a way that the Flyers can add a top pairing defenseman this off season without giving up a lot.

Bring in a new coach and make it a priority to find someone that will not use Couturier exclusively in a shutdown role. I think a lot of Couturier's struggles this year are due to the fact that Laviolette is leaning on him so hard to play this one role. When he makes a mistake his minutes get cut.

Couturier is used to be a top offensive player. You can't just use him exclusively as a defensive forward. At some point, you have to give him a chance to succeed in other roles.

Let's hope Nichushkin slides in the draft.