View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 05:17 AM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
You compliment Torts on many issues, and I don't think I disagree with you on a single one of those issues.

But, we play a diffrent style than any of the top 8 teams in this league. We play like some successful teams did in 2003, and today the other best teams have changed and have a vastly diffrent approch. If we have the puck in our end, we have one objective and one objective only, and that is to get through it without making a turnover. Other teams -- as you can see by just spending 15 minutes surfing between other PO's games -- are pretty darn creative in the neutral zone and their play there generates a ton of offense for them, without them giving up much defense.

Who is right here, John Tortorella or the coaches of the top teams in the league?

When I look around the league and see us play, I am just not convinced that Torts has figured something out that nobody else have. Its the opposite.
I agree with you, we are deff different then most teams.. but i think our compete level and work ethic isnt up to where it needs to be in the playoffs.. i see no balls to the wall kind of game as well as winning many battles on the boards for those loose pucks.. thats why i blame the players for not doing that and i think our results would be different if we battled.. we have a ton of skill and in hockey forechecking is everyhing to create offense..yea torts needs to adjust, but players need to step up and play inspired hockey.. look at the islanders, they are so under skilled its ridiculous but.. there work ethic and high compete level is influencing the outcome of the game!