View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 08:59 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I was just about to post this.

On a similar note, I think most of the time, you go BPA regardless of the circumstances. I've said this so many times this offseason but I'm going to say it again. This team, with this pick, in this draft, should NOT draft a center in the first round even if a center is the BPA. It simply doesn't make sense unless there is a trade in the works to move one of the other centers (or the team doesn't think any of the defenders available in the first round have as high a ceiling as the rest of the world does). This is a draft with a deep crop of defensemen to be had in the first round. This is an organization that is without any serious defensive prospects and is overflowing with prospects at the center position. Homer is constantly killed for his "poor asset management" around here. To me, poor asset management at its finest would be going into this draft, have pick #11, seeing a number of prospects that have top 4 (or higher) potential on the blueline, and taking a center to add to the glut of centers this team already has. Diversify your investments, people!
I agree. BPA should be a head-and-shoulders designation, not "most experts have Player A 1-2 spots above everyone else". There should still be a lot of skill and potential among both defensemen and forwards at 11, so I don't see the Flyers breaking the BPA rule if they went Dman first.