View Single Post
Old
09-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Potted Plant

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Potted you don't post nearly enough on here anymore.

Good to see you hanging around again.
Thanks! I appreciate it. I haven't posted much because I haven't had much to say, and because my first love, college football, has started. My beloved LSU Fightin' Tigers lost a heartbreaker last week to Auburn. We didn't play well, but still had a chance to win going down to the last play of the game, and we got hosed by officiating. Plus, there just isn't much to say right now about hockey. Living down here, I don't get to see many NHL games unless I want to watch the Thrashers. I didn't even get OLN until halfway through last season. I did not watch a single Rangers game last year, and I doubt I watched more than 2 or 3 hockey games at all until halfway through the playoffs.

But, with training camp and preseason games starting in earnest, I'll probably drop by a good bit more.

Quote:
As for Staal, he falls into that category that drives me nuts.

Personally I don't think there's too much left to do at the OHL level (not that it'd be useless but I don't think it's incredibly difficult for him either).

On the other hand I don't think he's quite ready for the NHL (not that he'd flounder, but I think it might be rushing a bit too soon).

Ideally he's a 19 year old who should be playing in the AHL. I think that'd be the perfect experience for him, but it isn't an option.
I know it. He's a kid who's really hurt by the rules. Probably not quite ready to be an NHLer full time, but barred from going to the AHL. That's why I like the idea of keeping him with the team for a while, and maximizing his practice time by not playing him every game. Keeping him in the NHL for a month or two might be the best thing for his development, even if he is just watching from the press box.

Potted Plant is offline   Reply With Quote