Old
05-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
How is Diaz out for sure?

If I had a wishlist to be traded, Desharnais would be #1 on the list, followed by Gorges.

I don't see Gionta being traded and I'd give Moen another year before giving up on him.

I'd let Armstrong walk, and wait on Halpern to see if we can find an upgrade, but I'd re-sign him otherwise. As for Ryder, I really don't know. If he asks for too much and for too long then it's a no brainer, you let him walk. If he can accept a 2 years deal for anything between 3 and 4 millions then I'd re-sign him, we need depth at wings.

We have many questions marks but let's not forget that we finished 2nd in the east, and it's too risky to completely change the face of the team.
I really see no point in keeping Ryder around. He fit on Boston's playoff run because it was a team ready-made for a cup run. Our team is more about young guys growing together, building a chemistry, etc., I just don't see him fitting into that.

I've been defending Desharnais all year, but now its getting hard. He relies on Pacioretty playing well (and kind of vice versa). I knew that Gallagher going on that line last night would immediately makde DD better; he needs players that work hard to get into scoring position. I think DD is still pretty good, it's just more important for him to have perfect linemates than it is for Eller and Galchenyuk, who can play well with pretty much anyone.

I still think its worth trying Desharnais on the wing as a passing winger type. You put him with two big boys like Galchenyuk and Pacioretty, and he could be extremely effective.