View Single Post
Old
01-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Phaze

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
The deal isn't bad, not even from a Nuck POV. They replace one of the Sedins with Stefan, which is a pretty lateral move itself, gain a quality depth player in Piros for a 3rd, but the difference in value lays between the first and the other Sedin. The Nucks could easily afford to play without them considering the fact they've been a huge dissapointment, yet again. Time's running out on the two and everyone related to Nucks hockey seems to agree. And I'm sure Stefan could provide the same, if not a greater value for one of them, the minimal value the other provided could be missed, especially for a potential top 10 pick. Could get the Nucks a much needed quality prospect.

The deal is solid, its only a bad deal if Vancouver fans would think that either one of the Sedins is the difference between a Stanley Cup and an early playoff exit. I'd do it from a Vancouver POV, not sure from Atlanta's perspective since I kinda view the pick as the most valueble asset.
Good post. The pick probably is "worth" the most, you are right. But the picks "worth" to the Canucks who are going for it now, is not as high as a Sedin who can contribute now. In my opinion.
If I deal the twins, I look for a deal where we get one player who is better than them, a 2 for 1. Might not be there, but getting Stefan for a Sedin is pointless IMO.