View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Kyle Wellwood's talent's never been overhyped. If he actually cared about hockey, he'd have been an All-Star year in and year out. He basically plays because he can get by with minimal effort and still stay in the NHL making great money.

Wellwood was on a 29 point pace when they waived him.
I like Desharnais, but let's be honest, teams will not be lining up for a 5'6 playmaking centre who has been extremely inconsistent this year (I'm being kind), who needs sheltered minutes and still had a lot to prove imo. He produced great last year when the team finished last and played a backround role on a team that finished second place. When asked to step up in the loss of Eller, Desharnais has been MIA and is being surpassed by a 19 year old rookie.

Points notewithstanding, I just don't see teams lining up for this type of player. We think Bourque is immovable at 3.3 million...and players with his size are sought...why would teams be salivating at the mouth for a 3.5 million undersized centre? I don't see it and I'd be extremely shocked if someone takes him without the Canadiens packaging something with him or getting salary back.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote