View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I like Desharnais, but let's be honest, teams will not be lining up for a 5'6 playmaking centre who has been extremely inconsistent this year (I'm being kind), who needs sheltered minutes and still had a lot to prove imo. He produced great last year when the team finished last and played a backround role on a team that finished second place. When asked to step up in the loss of Eller, Desharnais has been MIA and is being surpassed by a 19 year old rookie.

Points notewithstanding, I just don't see teams lining up for this type of player. We think Bourque is immovable at 3.3 million...and players with his size are sought...why would teams be salivating at the mouth for a 3.5 million undersized centre? I don't see it and I'd be extremely shocked if someone takes him without the Canadiens packaging something with him or getting salary back.
Nowhere in that post did I say they would be.

There are teams that would take Desharnais, no question, if we were moving him. You're not going to get the same kind of return you would if he was 6 feet, 200 pounds - but then we probably wouldn't even be talking about moving him. But there are teams that have 1st line centers who can't even produce as much as Desharnais.

He gets a second chance, no question. We've given a lot of second chances, let's see if he can bounce back. All we need him to do is score 45-50 points with 3rd line minutes behind two incredible two-way centers in Eller & Plekanec. If he can do that, that's pretty solid production for his salary.

Either way, he's there's no way he should play above Eller/Plekanec next year. If he does, then I'll be on board with moving him because it'll be clear that Therrien doesn't know what he's doing.

People are ridiculous about Bourque. If we tried to trade Bourque, I'm pretty sure there would be line-up waiting to take him. As long as he goes to a contender, he's going to play good hockey. He seems to be one of those guys who is motivated by team success.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote