: News Article:
New Arena deal agreed to by city and Katz group:mod warning #616
View Single Post
05-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Join Date: Aug 2002
Originally Posted by
To me, this is not accurate.
From what I've seen of this city, it's inhabited by people that come from regions in the world where people with power and influence are assumed to NEVER be acting in the public good.
I'm not saying that sentiment hasn't been earned to some degree, but IMO there's a lot more blind resentment/jealousy towards people like Katz that is driving the anti-arena agenda than thoughtful, conscientious objection.
Any and all of the mistrust of Katz should be completely owned by Daryl
I can't imagine a worse fumbling of the arena ball that was has transpired with the Katz group.
- Public threats
- trips to other cities
- pulled the football away on capital injection promises
- attempted a last minute leveraging for more funds that almost blew up the deal
- allienation of the city supported event running organization
- shifty donations
- absolute absence from the process
- requests for casinos and copper bottom leases from the city
- expansion of the tax increase zone from the arena area to 40 some blocks
I can't imagine a worse run campaign to get an arena built
I'm pro arena but any collapse in this process is on one person only
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by HotToddy