View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Bobblehead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilception View Post
I dont like this
Listening to Nielson and Fraser this morning they were talking like one of the reason they did this is to not discourage kids from quitting because they dont want to hit?
I remember when I played hockey me and all my friends were pumped for peewee so we could finally start hitting
Its part of the game that you must learn, and I feel that peewee hockey is an acceptable time to start learning it. At peewee I dont think they are really hitting hard enough to hurt each other anyways?
This is a good idea. I'm very much in favor. There is no need for hitting in pee wee hockey.

This ruling doesn't mean we should stop teaching body checking at clinics to pee wee age kids and let them get comfortable and used to it. Just means they can't apply the skill for a while. Think of it as a graduated drivers licence.

Just because kids are "pumped", doesn't mean its a good thing. I remember being pumped about my first BB gun, drinking and my buddies car. Getting bruised from close range BB guns, barfing all over myself and driving my friends car without a licence because he was too drunk.... not good ideas, but I was pumped. Maybe I took a few too many hits to the head in peewee?

Arguing they need to learn to take a hit and keep their head up is garbage also. They need to learn to keep their head up regardless of hitting or not. Keeping your head up while stickhandling is a skill that needs to be taught from tyke on up.

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote