Thread: Confirmed with Link: Lundqvist named Vezina Trophy finalist
View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 02:09 PM
JohnMilewski

vCash: 500
A Ranger Fan Living in DC

For days I've been hearing and reading from fans and reporters that Braden Holtby has been Henrik Lundqvist's equal in the Caps-Rangers first round series. Before game 3, many even said he was outplaying "The King." Really? Not sure what games these people have been watching. In the 1-0 Caps win in game 2, Henrik had a half dozen highlight reel saves and Holtby bragged about not breaking a sweat. Don't get me wrong, I have no animosity toward Holtby. In fact, I enjoy his approach and demeanor and think he has the potential to be a number one goalie. But he's not there yet and Henrik was just nominated for the Vezina for his 5th time in 8 seasons. Swap goalies in this series and the Caps would be going for the sweep tonight. The silliness from the Washington Post, Comcast cheerleaders (they call themselves sportscasters), and a number of loud mouth fans I sat next to on Saturday was becoming more than I could handle. Had to get this off my chest. Win or lose, there's is zero question about who is the far superior goalie in this series.

JohnMilewski is offline   Reply With Quote