View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Nihiliste

vCash: 500
Not excited. Sakic has no experience beyond learning for a couple years from a management team that has largely been a failure. If PL stays, this means little besides a Oilers type reshuffling of job titles while keeping the same group largely together. If PL goes, I sure hope Sakic brings in experienced, outside help in terms of a GM and support staff and doesn't just lean on Billington and Sherman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
That would be perfect imo. I think Sakic, Sherman and Billington would make a hell of a management team.
They're already key players in our management team. Do you think we have a hell of a front office right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
It's fair that this could be doubted, considering he has little (known) evidence to back it up. But, usually elite individuals in sport have the ability to recognize elite-level traits in others.
I think your faith in Sakic being effective as team president simply because he was an elite player is somewhat naive. Maybe he'll do well, maybe he won't, but he surely isn't close to being among the most qualified candidates from the job if this organization was willing to operate in a less nepotistic way.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote