View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I really don't think they are going to trade Couturier. Have some patience. In retrospect, Couts would've been better off spending last year in Jr and coming to the NHL this year, like Huberdeau did.

That's why I hope they just sign Adam Hall as a big 4C and let Laughton stay in Oshawa for one more year: dominate offensively, play for Canada at WJC, etc. The things Giroux did and what helped make him great.

Laughton will never have one thing Couts has: size. Trading Couts for a D would leave us in need of a big C, for the top three lines, something that is not a problem now. Giroux-Schenn-Laughton is too small a group for top three lines.

At 11, there are going to be 5 or 6 really good Dmen to choose from, depending on who goes and who drops.

Realistically, it's possible that we'll have a choice of Zadorov, Hennessey, Pulock, Ristolainen or Morin. It's up to the scouts to determine who we like, or to gamble on trading 11 to Columbus for two later picks (eg. our 11 and 41 for their pick at 14 and either the NYR or LA picks TBD in the 19 through30 range).

This could work if Kekalainen really likes Ristolainen, for example and he's still on the board at 11 but might not be at 14. If we are torn between Risto, Hennessey, Pulock and Morin, then trade down and get two of them?
I don't know that you'd get more than a 3rd to drop 3 spots. Maybe a 2nd (if we sent our 4th back or something).