View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
What leads you to believe they need another culture change? They need a GM and coach who are on the same page more than anything.
The Canucks are one of the most ridiculed teams in the NHL. The team is known for diving, complaining to the media, whining about the refs. They have some of the most hated players in the league in Lap, Burrows, Kesler. The team gets no benefit of the doubt anymore from the way their key players play the game. It might be best for them to change the culture of the team and head in another direction. I am not saying blow it up(keep the Sedins) but move some players. Kesler, Lap, Burrow should all be candidates to be shipped out. Since their cup run they have been a serious disappointment, they need to change something.

They are a team in trouble. Relying on a coaching change to change that locker room might be a good idea, but it might not solve the way some of those players play the game.

Also when did they have a culture change before? That team has been pretty much the same for about 4-5 years. Just in decline.

Also there is something bound to happen there anyway. They are in horrible condition cap wise. I believe I saw somewhere they have the most 4 mill+ contracts in the NHL. Luongo needs to be shipped out or bought out. I think they keep Schneider.