View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Your HS teacher was an idiot. Superstition has nothing to do with intelligence or even less so education. It's not a rational thing. By saying that it shows a lack of education he/she suggests that it's a rational decision by people who don't know any better. It has everything to do with irrational emotion. If the teacher said that it shows a lack of emotional maturity that might be true. Just stupid on his/her part. It shows a lack of education when someone makes stupid statements like that. I'm not really all that superstitious, I do hate jinxes. However, I don't ACTUALLY believe someone saying shutout has something to do with Lundqvist giving up a goal. It's irrational. It's emotional.

Anyway Go Rangers! I think we have enough talent to tie this series, then it's anyone's series.
I agree, I think I said HS teachers don't know ****, was being facetious with that comment but still that used to irk me when they had a sense of superiority same with college professors. It was like 12 years ago, only reason I remember is because I told my mom because we always used to tease him about it.