View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
Rayman Origins - 8/10

Really solid platformer, one of the better ones in recent years as far as pure platforming goes. However, as much as I love platforming games, I need something different about them. While I appreciate games like Mario for being revolutionary in the genre, it's games like Mark of the Ninja or Trine that I enjoyed the most because they did something different that worked oh so well. Rayman Origins to me feels kind of like a New Super Mario Bros clone. Really solid gameplay but just lacking in what makes some of today's platformers so rewarding and fun.

Botanicula - 7/10

Got this one off SteamGifts. It was pretty cool, I liked the artwork a lot but to be quite honest, I'm not a big point & click adventure kind of guy. It started to get a bit tedious for me towards the end, not even going to say anything else because the game just isn't my kind of game.

Binary Domain - 8.5/10

I was honestly surprised by this one -- It feels very Gears of War like. Third person cover based shooter. Gameplay was OK but the story kept me entertained throughout the majority of it. Some fun characters all the way throughout sprinkled in with the right amount of cheesy humor. If you see it cheap, I'd recommend it. It surprisingly lasted me about 8-9 hours.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote