Old
05-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
Bob Mckenzie Blog.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=331558

An interesting quote that seems to be occurring on this thread.

"You can't rationalize having kids injured earlier in life and more often, so I think later is better."
Another interesting quote. "No, that's not hockey. Hockey's a physical game and you've got to learn to keep your head up."

Why should a kid suffer a life long concussion issue because on one day, one pass in the skates got his lights knocked out?

I saw this year alone, 5 or 6 concussions on the ice. And someone asked about defining a minor concussion. My son's was minor. Zero symptoms in two days.

When he got hit, the player 5'10 or so 12 year old hit him, and he lost balance and crashed face first(Standing) into the boards. Large pupils. Headache. A little disoriented. Shut him down for the game.

Two days later no evidence of a problem. Took him to the doctor and he was cleared to play the next game.

Most kids play for the love of the game. Chances are, one, maybe two kids playing in Edmonton right now will make the NHL. That leaves everyone else. What is the benefit of our kids being subject to physical punishment this early in life?

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote