View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
You compliment Torts on many issues, and I don't think I disagree with you on a single one of those issues.

But, we play a diffrent style than any of the top 8 teams in this league. We play like some successful teams did in 2003, and today the other best teams have changed and have a vastly diffrent approch. If we have the puck in our end, we have one objective and one objective only, and that is to get through it without making a turnover. Other teams -- as you can see by just spending 15 minutes surfing between other PO's games -- are pretty darn creative in the neutral zone and their play there generates a ton of offense for them, without them giving up much defense.

Who is right here, John Tortorella or the coaches of the top teams in the league?

When I look around the league and see us play, I am just not convinced that Torts has figured something out that nobody else have. Its the opposite.
Psssst, guess what? John Tortorella coached one of the top teams in the league - #1 in the East, in fact - just last season, the last time the NHL played a full schedule. So, this observation that the game has passed him by isn't exactly supported by something I like to call evidence.

Last edited by Bleed Ranger Blue: 05-08-2013 at 04:21 PM.