View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Clarkington III
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
I'll never understand why people get so angry about stick lifts but it happens to me all the time too. I love sneaking up behind a guy and lifting his stick, but sometimes they'll lose it when you do that. I think for some newer guys they don't realize that is completely legal. Far better IMO than slashing the puck carrier, which is probably what they do.

As some others have mentioned I don't why people play so aggressive in pickup/rat. I think if you want to go all out and skate hard then go for it, but when you are being so aggressive that you risk hurting people that is when I start to get pissed. Normally if a a guy 2 hand slashes, trips, or pushes me into the boards during a rat I'll yells something along the lines of, "Congrats man you won the rat." That usually really confuses them.
I'm one of those guys that uses pickup as a workout. I think what most of these offenders fail to realize is the difference between skating hard and playing aggressive. I LOVE to skate all over the place and have no problem keeping my legs moving and will skate up and down the ice with the puck if no one else wants to. HOWEVER, this does not mean you have to play physical or aggressive in order to skate hard.