View Single Post
Old
05-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
You're asking a 10 year old to decide "oh, I'm never going to make the NHL, so I'll go no-contact".

There doesn't seem to be any evidence that suggests "learning to take and receive a hit" reduces injuries. None.

It's as if people aren't following the news, or reading the studies. Personally, I like hitting in hockey. I like fighting, I like the general violence. But the studies are pretty damn conclusive, specially when it comes to kids.
The parents are the ones making the decision. I dont really care what a study says or doesnt say tbh. Ive got personal life experiences that have helped to shape my pov. There was hitting in hockey from the get go when I started playing. I took a break for a couple years then went back into a highly physical league and it was a big adjustment.

Everyone has different experiences but that was mine and it would have been much easier for me to have not taken a break than to have done so, trying to adjust to the hitting and physicality again. No question. No study needed.

If you plan on playing contact hockey later on then it only makes sense to learn those fundamentals along with skating, puckhandling, shooting etc. If you dont plan on playing contact hockey that option should be available to you/your kids. Why take the personal choice away? Its absolutely ridiculous.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote